Knowing academics, enrichment activities and a healthy lifestyle improves student achievement significantly more than academics alone. KFACT structured its programs around three value statements: enhancement, exposure and empowerment to take a holistic approach to mentoring.
- We enhance the lives of girls through individualized mentoring and personal coaching, facilitate weekly prevention education groups covering topics from college and career readiness to health and wellness.
- We even go over physical fitness and alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention.
- We expose girls to a variety of programs to provide unique opportunities to develop their overall well-being.
- Enrichment activities provide opportunities for girls to be immersed in their education, community and college/career readiness experiences.
- We empower girls through education and tracking them as they evolve through the mentoring program.
- We watch them build confidence through the diverse opportunities they get while being mentored.
- They eventually become their own advocates!
KFACT provides annual enrichment activities and monthly topics such as: financial literacy, self-worth, college and career exploration, poverty, reality chats and more at our GIRLS Space! We believe this type of exposure is critical to both the personal and professional development for girls who wouldn’t otherwise have this type of experience.