Lady All Stars Mentoring
Middle School Girls
The Lady All Star’s middle school component services girls between the ages of 12-14 years old and attending one of the local middle schools. Middle school mentees are able to participate in weekly prevention education groups at their school, tutoring, creative and performing arts program, book clubs, STEM Project (Girls Who Code) enrichment activities and receive one-on-one mentoring from their Mentor Specialist.
High School Girls
Lady All Stars high school component services girls between the ages of 14-18 years old and attending one of the local high schools. High school mentees are able to participate in weekly prevention education groups, receive one- on- one mentoring from their Mentor Specialist and they are eligible for a personal Mentor in 9th grade. In addition, high school mentees participate in the Girls Can Be Anything Career day, National College fair and all enrichment activities.
Program Volunteer – Connect with KFACT girls!
- Attend weekly prevention education groups as a volunteer facilitator
- Share your expertise in a particular topic during a weekly group or enrichment night
- Sponsor a girl to receive one on one mentoring- $1,200 per year
- Become a Mentor for a high school girl- long-term commitment
- Chaperone our enrichment activities
- Connect KFACT with your employer for a career shadowing day
- Chaperone and/or sponsor the annual Rockford Girls Rock Empowerment Conference
KFACT provides ongoing continuum of care and support to our college girls through the KFACT University program (KFACT U). This is a vital component to our mentoring program because the amount of students who drop out after their first year experience in college. KFACT recognizes this issue and has been proactive in reducing the chances of failure by ensuring ongoing support.
- Dorm baskets filled with basic necessities
- Care Packages throughout the year from KFACT volunteers
- Monthly contact via phone, email, skype, FaceTime etc.
- Holiday event/bonding activity
- Crisis transportation to and from college (if needed and available)
- Financial Assistance with academics (if needed and available)
- On-going personal, professional and academic mentorship
Labor of Love
Labor of Love is an opportunity for Lady All Stars mentees to give back to the community through volunteerism. Volunteering is an important component of the mentoring program and teaches the importance of being a catalyst of change. Our girls are required to volunteer in the community!
If you would like KFACT girls to volunteer with you, please contact our volunteer coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org